10am to 6pm
MasterChef Casting Call
at Le Cordon Bleu, 215 First St, Cambridge (East Cambridge/Cambridgeside)
* Your heartache & tears -- plus ingredient costs
Unless you really, really, REALLY got the cooking chops and a compelling life story, you don't have a chance of getting on the show.
I know a North Shore guy who is a seriously awesome cook and has a great personality. He would've been entertaining to watch on TV and can transform ingredients to a higher plane, but he didsn't have the narrative that this program is looking for.
If you're a recovering addict... If you're 1st-generation immigrant... If you're a MIT scientist who wants to change professions... If your chef-parent doesn't think you're good enough... Etc, etc, then you have a shot to make your dream come true.
If so, then:
* Pre-register onlineWill you meet Gordon Ramsay? I have no idea (probably 50-50 or less)...
* Fill out the PDF application
* Bring a current photo of yourself
* Bring a photo of your plated dish
* Bring your food/ingredients to be finished and plated once you enter the audition room.
Otherwise make a nice meal for your loved ones and consider yourself ahead on the deal.